Monday 11 November 2013

Remember that time I Disappeared?



It’s been a weird old few weeks/month...I’ve dieted, rushed to the hospital to visit a family member admitted to A&E, interviewed for a new job, accepted said new job and quit my current job of 7 years. I’ve used up entire boxes of Kleenex tissues due to colds and tears. I’ve hidden in bed for an entire day  - too afraid to face the world, I’ve made plans, I have dyed my hair bright red,  gone fantasy Christmas tree shopping, bought silver baubles, I have panicked over my financial situation way too many times to count and I have bought NO NEW make-up due to said financial situation.

In my last post X days ago (I’m too ashamed to check the date) I promised a daily update of the juice fast I was embarking upon....and I failed MISERABLY.  I can’t remember exactly what we drank etc, but I can tell you that we fasted for 7 days (we cheated here and there!) Sometimes, I felt amazing and full of energy; others, I would have bitten someone’s face off if I thought it might taste like a burger. All in all I lost 5lbs, which is great for one week! But I really did find it quite difficult.

If anyone fancies doing a juice detox, I have all the recipes (they’re Google-able too!) and recommend you get a really good juicer. It makes such a different when you can just chuck a whole apple into the juicer and not have to spend your time slicing when mornings are precious enough as they are. I may well post a little more detail about the juice detox at a later date, but for now...I feel sick at the thought of any more juiced fruit and veg.
To those of you still with me – thanks for waiting it out and I promise to be a better person :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a little comment, and make my day! :) xx