Wednesday 2 October 2013

The Great Daytime Face Race

Let's just get one point absolutely and undeniably straight, I love make-up. I would forgo food to buy it, I like looking at it, I love arranging it and normally my favourite part of a night out is putting it on.

Recently though, as previously mentioned...I've not been wearing a lot of it. This is down to sheer laziness. I love sleeping as late as I can in the mornings, and when awake, I am a serial morning-snuggler. I want to rip Boyfriend's phone out of his hand so that he can't catch up on the Daily Mail, and is forced to pay attention to meeeeeee!

I also do not work in a customer-facing environment, so I can get away with not looking entirely put together. I don't go as far as holes in my clothes, but no eyeliner is generally okay.

That being said, my daytime face, usually incorporates these little ones (I have merely linked the sites/stores I purchased the products from, they may be available cheaper elsewhere):


1. Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation - here - £26.50-28.50

I am shade Cool Bone in this little baby. I do love the coverage this gives, and have no experienced "Ghost-face" from the SPF that it contains, but the stickiness and the amount of elbow-grease needed to blend this beast in, do detract somewhat. If you're interested, I use the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to blend my foundation in. It's a phenomenal piece of equipment, that I really think I would be lost without.


2. Benefit Boi-ing Concealer - here - £17.50

I was advised to pick this up in shade 01, and it's pretty spot on, especially for winter. I am a pale little so-and-so. Anytoots, I find this to be a fantastic undereye brightener, and if set with powder, a great blemish-hider!



3. MAC MSF Natural - here - £22

A newbie to my face race, but still beautiful and deserves a mention. This sets my foundation fantastically, conteracts the DW sticky, and adds a little veil of extra coverage. Me likey! I'm shade Light Plus here.


4. Benefit They're Real Mascara - here - £19.50

This little warlock, is truly the greatest mascara I have ever owned. Not only did I get it for free essentially, with my Boots points. But it makes my lashes look long, voluminous and deep dark black, stays where it's put and lasts the day/night. Only concern is how hard it is to remove.


5. Rimmel Professional Brow Pencil - here - £2.99

I do own the HD Brow kit, and typically use it for nights out, I find this cheap little chappy fills my gappy brows in pretty darn snappy! :) I use the shade Dark Brown, I think, it's worn off.


6.  Sleek Blush - here - £4.49

I own a few shades of these pigmented little babies as I had purchased a couple, and then was lucky enough to win some in a Facebook competition that Sleek ran (eeeeep!) So my mood can vary here as to which I wear. But these are typically my go to cheek candy. If you're interested, I own (and love) - Life's a Peach, Pixie Pink, Suede, Pomegranate, Rose Gold (new!) and Sunrise.

And I tend to leave it at that, occasionally, I'll pop something from my Naked palette on my eyes, maybe some eyeliner (Urban Decay 24/7 Liner) and if I'm feeling particularly adventurous, I contour my non-existent cheekbones with my Sleek contour kit.

Wow...my face (when I bother to do it) with only these products is worth £94.98. That is sobering, and a little scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a little comment, and make my day! :) xx