Thursday 12 September 2013

New Blog-olutions

I'm such a sucker for a fresh start. I haven't been drastic enough to move country (I did move out of my hometown this month however, can I get a HELL YEAH?!) in search of a completely fresh start. But I do love a fresh notepad, or a brand new piece of paper devoid of scribbles and mindless nonsense. I love New Year, the idea that somehow you will make yourself better in the coming year.

I had a failed attempt at a blog a couple of years ago, where I had no idea what I wanted to write about, when, and to whom. I gained 3 followers in one week and decided it was too slow paced/too much effort, and I promptly gave up. Of course, I could easily have re-started the blog, surprised my 3 followers by still being alive and continued in the original vein. But I decided a fresh piece of paper would make me happiest. Hence Imaginary Cocktails.

With any fresh start in view, it's good to have goals and some guidelines for the task in hand.

With that in mind, I present to you, my NEW BLOG RESOLUTIONS 101. 

1. Write truthfully, freely and frequently. (There's nothing worse than loving a blog and having to wait weeks/months between posts. If I promise to write as often as I can, does someone promise to love my blog? ;))

2. Scribble down post ideas as soon as the mood strikes. (I don't care if that be on the bus, in my dreams or in the shower. Pen will make contact with paper as soon as I have some inspiration for a post.)

3. Slog it out, talking to myself for as long as necessary until someone, somewhere finds me and likes what I have to say.

4. Gain a follower or two along the way.

5. Create a series or two, so that anyone who stumbles upon the blog and decides to stay can have something to look forward to. (I already have a few in mind)

6. If purchasing nice products - (face/hair/make-up) with the view to reviewing them, actually remember to use them! I am so guilty of a cursory face wipe before bed, and no make-up/hair thrown in a bun for work the next day, just so I can have an extra half hour in bed. MUST STOP!!!

7. Make someone smile solely at what I've written.

8. Not really blog related, but smile a little more.

9. Again not blog-based, remember to breathe.

HAPPY NEW BLOG TO ME! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a little comment, and make my day! :) xx